SIGNING BONUS – $7,000!
Qualifications and Skills:
- 7 or more years of experience working in an architecture office with three years in the designing and managing of high-end residential projects.
- Proven ability to effectively manage, motivate and lead a project team.
- Strong design ability as representative in sketches, renderings, or other means.
- Proficiency with BIM software (Revit strongly preferred).
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and Bluebeam.
- Knowledge of green building technologies, products, and net-zero design strategies.
- Experience and/or interest in participating in business development and marketing activities.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Architecture from an accredited college, university or equivalent in education or experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Licensure preferred, preferably in California. LEED AP certification encouraged.
- Work closely with Practice Manager to manage multiple active small to mid-sized projects, set up new projects and establish project goals, prepare work plan, and assess staffing needs.
- Manage document production by developing design and technical drawings, and research relevant information with the team.
- Manage and prepare sketches and concepts with the team, and develop project design with the Practice Manager and Principal.
- Ensure that the project conforms to a contractual agreement with the client.
- Provide technical expertise for effective detailing and constructability.
- Manage project schedule and budget to ensure profitability and completion on time.
- Conduct code and product research with the team, and manage the permitting and agency approvals process.
- Manage the bidding and negotiation process, and assist the client in the evaluation of submitted bids.
- Implement quality assurance/quality control processes to reduce risks and exposure in all phases of the project.
- Direct and manage Construction Observation activities, including scheduling, review of shop drawings, field observations, review of change orders, and review of contractor pay requests.
- Review project invoices and expenses.
- Participate in business development and marketing activities.
- Delegate project work, mentor, and motivate team members.
- Manages and conducts in-person meetings or work and site visits based on project needs.
- Hybrid Schedule. We are in the office as a team from Tuesdays through Thursdays. Mondays and Fridays are in office optional (local work from home available Mondays and Fridays).