SIGNING BONUS – $7,000!
Qualifications and Skills:
- 7 or more years of experience working in an architecture office designing and managing retail and restaurant projects.
- Knowledge of retail and restaurant design, construction means and methods, architectural detailing, and building and planning codes.
- Proven ability to effectively manage, motivate and lead a project team.
- Proven ability to navigate dynamic or ambiguous situations, schedules, and project demands.
- Critical and creative thinker with strong design ability and attention to detail.
- Strong design ability as a representative in sketches, renderings, or other means.
- Proficiency with BIM software (Revit strongly preferred).
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and Bluebeam.
- Strong writing, editing, organizational, and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of green building technologies, products, and net-zero design strategies.
- Experience and/or interest in participating in business development and marketing activities.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Architecture from an accredited college, university or equivalent in education or experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Licensure preferred, preferably in California. LEED AP certification encouraged.
- Work closely with Practice Leader to manage multiple active small to mid-sized retail stores, transportation hub lounges, and restaurant tenant improvement projects
- Manage project setup, establish project goals, prepare a work plan, and assess staffing needs with regularized updates.
- Manage and engage in the design of a project with the project team. Prepare sketches and concepts with the team and develop project design with Associate Principal and Founding Principal.
- Manage document production by developing design and technical drawings, and research relevant information with the team.
- Ensure that the project conforms to a contractual agreement with the client.
- Provide technical expertise for effective detailing and constructability.
- Manage project schedule and budget to ensure profitability and completion of deliverables and projects on time.
- Manage and conduct code and product research with the team, and manage the permitting and agency approvals process.
- Manage the bidding and negotiation process, and assist the client in the evaluation of submitted bids.
- Implement quality assurance/quality control processes to reduce risks and exposure in all phases of the project.
- Direct and manage Construction Observation activities, including scheduling, review of shop drawings, field observations, review of change orders, and review of contractor pay requests.
- Review project invoices and expenses.
- Maintain ongoing, positive, and productive client relationships.
- Participate in business development and marketing activities.
- Delegate project work, mentor, and motivate team members.
- Provide regularized growth opportunities and oversight for team members in various roles.
- Manages and conducts in-person meetings or work and site visits based on project needs.
- Hybrid Schedule. We are in the office as a team from Tuesdays through Thursdays. Mondays and Fridays are in office optional (local work from home available Mondays and Fridays).