CCSF Central Shops
San Francisco, CA
As an LBE, we were an Associate Architect to FORGE (formerly FME) on this project. FORGE divided the work between two buildings. We served as Project Architect for the location at 450 Toland Street. Our portion involved the adaptive reuse of a privately-owned building. Most recently used for food storage and distribution, we converted it into a light duty repair shop for city-owned vehicles, from standard passenger sedans to larger ladder trucks. We coordinated the San Francisco Central Shops and the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission with the private building owner and developer. The completed space incorporates upgrades to mechanical, electrical, plumbing systems, structural supports, and accessibility points to bring the building into compliance, in addition to qualifying for LEED-gold certification.
Food warehouse renovated into a light-duty repair shop
- General Contractor: Charles Pankow Builders, Ltd.
- Construction Management: Oryx Partners, LLC
- Structural Engineer: Buehler & Buehler
- Structural Engineer: Rivera Consulting Group
- MEP (Schematic): Maintenance Design Group
- Civil Engineer: Kier & Wright
- MEP (D/B Engineers): Bay City Mechanical
- Landscape Architect: Quinn Landscape Architecture
- MEP (D/B Engineers): Contra Costa Electric
- MEP (D/B Engineers): Liquidyne, Inc.
- MEP (D/B Engineers): H&M Fire Protection, Inc.
- Photographer: Patrik Argast