You know you’re the right person if you:
- Want a supportive, fun, comfortable, and efficient office environment
- Thrive in a friendly and creative team.
- Thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Have a learning mindset and embrace a good challenge – yes please!
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience working in an architecture office.
- Ability to work well in a team environment with experience managing and mentoring junior staff.
- Critical and creative thinker with strong design ability and attention to detail.
- Great conceptual and detailed hand sketching.
- Highly proficient in Revit, with experience in producing visualizations.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and Bluebeam.
- Strong writing, editing, organizational, and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of green building technologies, products, and net-zero design strategies.
- Receptive to coaching, with the ability to learn from constructive feedback and apply it to future work.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Architecture from a four-year college, university, or equivalent; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Documenting experience under the NCARB Architectural Experience Program (AXP) and actively pursuing licensure required. Licensure, LEED AP, and additional certifications encouraged.
- Exercise your creativity by hand and digitally. Do both! Prepare thoughtful and quality design illustrations or sketches and create digital models that accurately communicate projects’ design ideas, goals, and potential solutions.
- Getting into the nitty-gritty and ensuring the design does not get lost! Manage and produce well-coordinated, accurate, and thorough project drawing sets by developing design and technical drawings and researching relevant information.
- Move the whole team forward and foster a culture of teaching and learning: delegate project work, mentor junior team members and provide prompt preparation, communication, review, and constructive feedback.
- It looks great and it works. Conduct building, planning code, and product research with accurate interpretations and thorough documentation.
- Work closely with Project Architect or Project Manager to coordinate multiple active projects with internal team members and consultants, source material samples, and assess staffing needs.
- The architectural process and the experience of it matter to us and our clients! Coordinate an accurate, timely, and efficient permitting and agency approvals process, and keep internal and external teams well informed.
- Move the project and the project team forward. Coordinate, participate in, and contribute to in-person meetings and work to meet projects’ goals (design, budget, schedule, and team).
- Help set a good foundation for the construction process. Coordinate internal team’s bidding and negotiation activities and obtain cost estimates to move the project forward accurately and efficiently.
- Get down and dirty and get it built! Support the construction of projects with accurate, thorough, timely, and efficient Construction Observation activities, including site visits, RFI responses, submittal review, field reports, and others.
- Where the rubber meets the road! Conduct well-structured site visits based on project needs with prompt internal and external communication of coordination needs, decisions, and actions.
- Tackle the unknown and take advantage of the possibilities with gusto: foster a collaborative team approach through project process and professional connections.
- Hybrid Schedule. We are in the office as a team from Tuesdays through Thursdays. Mondays and Fridays are in office optional (local work from home available Mondays and Fridays).