Menlo Park, CA /
A luxurious home with a subtle, yet strong commitment to sustainable living.
Menlo Park, CA
Integrating high-end modern design and a commitment to green building, this new house makes use of an existing foundation to create dramatic living spaces that flow into the landscape.
The material palette includes COR-TEN steel, stained concrete mixed with fly-ash, and FinPly panels. Passive ventilation, radiant floors, solar hot water and photovoltaic power dramatically reduce energy use.
Jason Wheeler / Client
My son built a Lego model of what we wanted, and we showed it to him. A lot of that model ended up in the final place.
- General Contractor: Baywest Builders
- Structural Engineer: Julia Y. Chen Design
- Lighting Designer: Revolver
- Landscape Architect: SEAM Studios
- Photographer: Lucas Fladzinski
- Photographer: JD Peterson
- Photographer: Jim Thompson