Amy’s Drive Thru
Creating an airport outpost for a pioneering organic food brand.
San Francisco International Airport
Founded in 1987, Amy’s Kitchen is a family-owned company built on the belief that healthy, delicious food should be available to all. We worked with Amy’s and their design team to create a version of their quick service restaurant, Amy’s Drive Thru, in SFO’s new Harvey Milk Terminal 1.
The design features an enticing rhythm of colors and textures. Using wood in a traditional board-and-batten technique creates a modern barn aesthetic that evokes the food’s fresh and organic origins, synonymous with the Amy’s brand.
Designed within this efficient, compact space is an ordering and pick-up counter with grab-n-go, a front-of-house, an employee area, and a back-of-house program.
- General Contractor: P.L. Annuzzi
- Design Architect: Interstice Architects
- Structural Engineer: KPFF
- MEP Engineer: Acies Engineering
- Food Service: Premier Management Alliance
- Millwork: Arnold & Egan
- Lighting Design: PritchardPeck Lighting
- Photographer: Patrik Argast